Current Clearview Career Opportunities
Network Operations Technician
As a Network Operations Technician, you will be part of a NOC team that monitors, maintains and troubleshoots problems with Clearviews’s SaaS infrastructure, including servers, firewalls, routers, switches and customer premise equipment nationwide. You will employ investigative and troubleshooting skills to resolve both routine and complex network, computer hardware, and OS issues in a timely and efficient manner while maintaining a high uptime rate for all systems.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Monitoring and troubleshooting server, network, operating system and proprietary software issues.
- Monitoring and troubleshooting a network environment consisting of Cisco router and switches.
- Monitoring internal production systems in a data center environment and escalating issues as needed.
- Working with the management console and other NOC related tools and monitoring applications.
- Communication with customers and/or internal groups to report or resolve system related or network issues.
- Work with third-party maintenance, co-location facility staff and major internet backbone providers to identify and resolve customer affecting network, hardware and software issues in a timely manner.
- Tracking and documenting daily work tasks and issues and communicating them with the rest of the team.
Clearview is located in Dallas, Texas. You’ll earn competitive wages and receive benefits befitting a leading software company (401k match, great health insurance, life insurance, performance bonuses and stock appreciation rights). Our environment is one of continuous learning; you’ll have access to opportunities to expand your skill set and share your knowledge with others.
Availability: 2nd or 3rd shift hours
Knowledge of TCP/IP and other Internet protocols as well as tools such as ping and traceroute is required.
Knowledge of LINUX, especially Redhat or CentOS is a plus.
CCNA, MCSE, Network + or Linux + certification is a plus.
Exceptional interpersonal, communication, initiative and leadership abilities.
- Selection, design, creation and maintenance of all customer management network topologies, trouble ticketing, switch port bandwidth utilization, network monitoring, and firewall/VPN configuration management/versioning systems.
- On-call, 24/7 for all Managed Services infrastructure support and incident resolution. Provide guidance and solutions to solve and report on any recurring issues within the Managed Services infrastructure.
- Provisioning of all new customer network, firewall, and VPN topologies and environments. Work with staff to install servers in remote facilities. Work with customers to determine IP address requirements, configure networking equipment and server network interfaces, etc. Maintain IP address conservation strategies via CIDR delegations.
- Receive and act on network trouble reports and traceroute submissions from customers including identifying issues, implementing BGP policy to route around congestion and initial and follow-up discussions with providers. Work with customers to identify and correct duplex mismatches and other interface level issues.
- Act as Network Implementation Engineer (NIE) for the implementation team, to provision and configure network devices including firewalls, switches, routers, and load balancers.
- Responsible for the availability, management and upgrades of all firewall and VPN devices.
- Assist with design, implementation, and management of load balancers, DHCP and DNS services.
- Knowledge of LAMP stack and Open Source solutions for managing, monitoring, and reporting critical network areas.
- Experience with networking and configuration of virtualized network elements such as FWs, virtual switches, etc.
- Handle physical installation and setup of all network equipment (routers, switches, network servers, load balancers, etc).
- Configure, evaluate, implement, and maintain required monitoring systems (i.e Nagios, Solar Winds, ZenOSS, etc), network routers, switches and wireless access points.
- Monitor and trend traffic loads on all sub-networks across the LAN and WAN. Monitor the status of key network equipment to ensure network resource availability.
- Manage data center networks, including Data Centers in Dallas and Waco as well as remote customer locations in Dallas and Waco.
- Assist in network setups for new customers including cross connects both copper and fiber.
- Assist management in the evaluation and selection of vendor products. Communicate with new vendors and contractors to assist in product delivery, maintenance and repair.
- Develop and maintain project documentation to include: project plans, technical diagrams, reports, and customer presentation materials.
- Create processes, procedures and run-books for network operations.
- Bachelor’s Degree in IT related field or relevant work experience.
- 5+ years networking design, installation, maintenance and documentation and experience.
- Previous work with wireless environment, VPN design and configuration, and routers and switches.
- Extensive routing and switching experience with Cisco and Force 10 IOS.
- Network security experience, including ACL, IOS and ASA Firewalls.
- Knowledge of protocols such as IPSEC, GRE, EIGRP, BGP, DHCP, TCP/IP and MPLS.
- QOS, Cisco Radius/TACACS, SNMP.
- Experience managing/setup of VLAN’s.
- Wireless infrastructure controller based / WCS experience.
- Strong project management, time management and communication skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively with peers, management and external vendors.
- Visio proficiency a plus or equivalent network diagram and documentation application experience.
- VOIP experience is a plus
- CCNA/CCNP/CCIE,VCP certifications are desired.
Enterprise Sales Executive
Desired Skills & Experience
- Cloud Computing
- Datacenter Outsourcing
- Data Storage
- B2B Prospecting
- Texas Enterprise firm network